Welcome to www.ConnieCWilson.com, home to information about the publications of Connie (Corcoran) Wilson including directions for obtaining any of these books.
- Connie has published 10 works representing a variety of genres. Wilson’s first book (1989), published by Performance Learning Systems, Inc. of Emerson, New Jersey, Training the Teacher As A Champion, put forth the teaching techniques and principles taught by the nation’s largest teacher training firm. Written by Wilson in collaboration with PLS founder Joseph Hasenstaab, the book gives an insight into the effective teaching practices of successful teachers, those techniques included in that organization’s Project T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Effectiveness and Classroom Handling).
- Two of the books represent formerly published work, such as the humor columns and poetry that make up 2004’s Both Sides Now or the movie reviews that comprise It Came from the ’70s: From The Godfather to Apocalypse Now.(www.ItCamefromtheSeventies.com).
- The humorous essays of Both Sides Now contain the humorous feeling of Erma Bombeck or David Sedaris. They were first published in the Rock Island (IL) Reminder and East Moline’s Metro East; the movie reviews were published by Davenport, Iowa’s Quad City Times in the seventies, but they also contain major cast, trivia and 76 pictures to accompany the 50 reviews (and 4 “Best of/Worst of”) lists. The book has won 5 national awards, including an E-Lit Award, a Pinnacle Award, a NABE award, a Silver Feather (IWPA) and an award from NABE.
- Five of the books are short story collections. Ghostly Tales of Route 66, [Volume I] and Ghostly Tales of Route 66 [Volume II], from Quixote Press are part of a three-book trilogy, which began in Chicago following old Route 66. The last two books are a solo project for Wilson, as she journeyed from Oklahoma to Arizona. Volume III, Ghostly Tales of Route 66: From Arizona to California features original photographs and tales Connie heard while traversing old Route 66 between November 14 and November 24 of 2008. There is also an E-book version (red cover) that contains all Connie’s stories, minus the photos.
- Hellfire & Damnation (www.HellfireandDamnationtheBook.com) from The Merry Blacksmith is a collection of short stories organized around the unifying principle of Dante’s Inferno. Each story represents one of the sins punished on that level of the 9 circles of Hell. Featuring an introduction by William F. Nolan (Logan’s Run) and blurbs from this year’s winner of the Stoker Award for Best First Novel, Lisa Mannetti (The Gentling Box) and multiple nominee Gary Braunbeck (Coffin County), as well as ”Sci Fi Weekly” editor Scott Edelman, the book is a sometimes funny, always entertaining look at the sins punishable by Hellfire & Damnation. Hellfire & Damnation II is scheduled for release in 2012.
- Laughing Through Life is a fun stroll down memory lane, revisiting such common human situations as dinner parties run amok and cell phones lost. (laughingthroughlife.conniecwilson.com) The political content is from the 2004 Presidential campaign, which Connie covered with press passes.
- The Christmas Cats in Silly Hats is a 32-page full-color illustrated children’s book about 2 warring cats that must learn to get along peacefully, featuring rhyme and wit, with illustrations by Andrew Weinert and Emily Marquez.
- The Bureau is a long short story releases as a ‘teaser” for potential readers of Hellfire & Damnation II, as it represents the 9th Circle of Hell. It was released in E-book format only.
It features a cover by award-winning U.K. illustrator Vincent Chong, in Introduction by Jason V Brock, and blurbs from some of the best-known writers in the genre field.
Wilson also collaborated on a time travel Sci-Fi thriller Out of Time (outoftime.conniecwilson.com), an 80,000-word novel published by Lachesis in December of 2008.
Web-sites (some currently under construction) that will feature the books mentioned above include: www.ghostlytalesofroute66.com; www.hellfireanddamnationthebook.com; and www.classiccinemaofthe70s.com. You can also read more of Connie’s writing at her own blog, www.weeklywilson.com, or on www.associatedcontent.com and www.Yahoo.com , where she was named 2008 Content Producer of the Year. Connie has written for 5 other blogs, including www.jollyjo.com (second coming stories); www.speakaboutit.com and www.blogforiowa.com (archived), www.getyourgoodnews.com (archived) and www.blogforiowa.com. (archived).